Mortons Media has launched a competition to find Britain’s best motorcycling photographers – just send in your finest photos (maximum two entries) and show us what you can do.
These could be great pictures of your bike, racing shots or something else that sums up life on two wheels. It’s up to you.
The top prize is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 12.1 megapixel super-zoom bridge camera from Comley Cameras of Cleethorpes, the new Nick Nicholls Award for photography plus a canvas print also kindly donated by Comley Cameras of your image. Second prize is a year’s subscription to The Classic MotorCycle and Bonhams auction catalogues. Third prize is a year’s subscription to The Classic MotorCycle magazine. All three winners will get two free tickets to the 33rd Carole Nash International Classic MotorCycle Show at Stafford at the end of April where the prizes will be presented. The closing date is March 30, 2013.
* Send your images along with a 50 word caption to Jane Skayman at email@example.com, or via post to Jane Skayman Mortons Archive, Mortons Media Group, Media Centre, Morton Way, Horncastle LN9 6JR.
Please note: The caption must include your address, the date and location where the image was taken plus the type of bike pictured and the camera used.
Who is Nick Nicholls?
The new Nick Nicholls Award takes its name from Brian ‘Nick’ Nicholls, one of the leading names in motorcycle photography from the 1950s right into the 1980s.
During the course of his career he met and photographed some of the great characters of successive golden eras in racing including Mike Hailwood, Giacomo Agostini (inc the picture of Ago at the Isle of Man, shown above) and Jim Redman. In 2003 he sold his extensive archive of images to the archive of Mortons Media Group where it now has a permanent home and will continue to be enjoyed and appreciated for generations to come.
Terms and conditions
• Upload ONE image per email only. If you want to submit another (two max), another email will need submitting.
• Images should be .jpg format and no larger than 4mb.
• Images should ideally be landscape and not portrait.
• Images which have obviously been digitally enhanced will be discounted.
• Entries will NOT be returned, so make sure you have copies and you enter name, address and telephone number in entry.
• By submitting your images you are agreeing for them to be used in future promotions by Mortons Media Group.
• Winner must be able to attend Stafford motorcycle Show in April 2013 for presentation of prize.
• This competition is available to United Kingdom residents only.
• Competition closing date is March 30 2013.