Stafford, April 2012, Bonhams Auction - 1939 Vincent-HRD 998cc Series-A Rapide
By: Web Editor
These days the chances of finding an example of either hidden behind a pile of straw bales are slim indeed, all the more so in the case of the ultra-rare Series-A Rapide, a mere 78 of which were produced between late 1936 and the summer of 1939. (Expert opinion differs on this point, but most authorities favour a total in the high 70s.) By comparison, production of the rival SS100 ran into the hundreds...
Here James Robinson, Editor of The Classic MotorCycle, talks about one of this years highlights then we go to the live auction with auctioneer Malcolm Barber of Bonhams.
Shot at The 32nd Carole Nash International Classic MotorCycle Show at the Stafford showground, Sunday April 29th 2012.
Read more on the Bonhams auction
For more information on this and future shows visit: www.classicbikeshows.com
Comment on our videos: register or log in to add your comments to our video features below.
Video hosted by ©YouTube
Responses to “Stafford, April 2012, Bonhams Auction - 1939 Vincent-HRD 998cc Series-A Rapide”
Current Issue: Mar 2015
• Free 32-page supplement: 25 Memorable British Bikes
• Thunderbirds are go! Is this the best 650cc Triumph?
• Savage beauty: Wild New Imp • Old peculiar: OEC oddity
• 'Cammy' Square Four • T160 resurrection
• Arthur Bourne profile • Unrestored Monet Goyon
• Maltese collectors • New Imperial Unit Motor
• Next issue on sale: March 6, 2015