Dambusters2014: Bike to the Bridge
By: Web Editor
The charity ride will start at RAF Coningsby, Lincs on September 17 and will finish with a ride into the city of Arnhem in the Netherlands in time for the commemoration ceremonies at the famous John Frost Bridge on September 19, 2014.
Dambusters2014 is inviting riders to take part in this historic event. All Dambusters riders get a comprehensive ‘Rider Pack’ with information, ferry discounts and ideas on places to visit en route. To qualify for the ride you are expected to raise at least £250 for the Ride's two charities, the RAF Benevolent Fund and Motorcycle Outreach.
Last year the same organisers arranged for a charity ride from RAF Scampton to the Mohne Dam, part of the 70th anniversary tribute to the famous dams raid in 1943 when 617 squadron RAF breached two of Gemany's great dams. The UK riders met up with German bikers and dignitaries for a wreath-laying ceremony at the dam. Just under £14,000 was raised for chaity.
Responses to “Dambusters2014: Bike to the Bridge”
Current Issue: Mar 2015
• Free 32-page supplement: 25 Memorable British Bikes
• Thunderbirds are go! Is this the best 650cc Triumph?
• Savage beauty: Wild New Imp • Old peculiar: OEC oddity
• 'Cammy' Square Four • T160 resurrection
• Arthur Bourne profile • Unrestored Monet Goyon
• Maltese collectors • New Imperial Unit Motor
• Next issue on sale: March 6, 2015