The next generation
By: James Robinson
Sam attends the JCB Academy in Rocester, Staffordshire, a specialist engineering-biased school, where pupils are steered towards a career in industry, with practical lessons using lathes etc, running alongside more traditional subjects.
During his week Sam (pictured with editor James Robinson) wrote a couple of features, came on two photo shoots (one of them six hours outside, on the coldest April day in 50 years…) and gained day-to-day experience of the magazine.
From a motorcycling family – dad Zac has a Douglas SW5, among others – Sam hopes to take up racing on a 50ccc Fizzie-Kreidler special in 2014.
Responses to “The next generation”
Current Issue: Mar 2015
• Free 32-page supplement: 25 Memorable British Bikes
• Thunderbirds are go! Is this the best 650cc Triumph?
• Savage beauty: Wild New Imp • Old peculiar: OEC oddity
• 'Cammy' Square Four • T160 resurrection
• Arthur Bourne profile • Unrestored Monet Goyon
• Maltese collectors • New Imperial Unit Motor
• Next issue on sale: March 6, 2015