We are looking for an experienced journalist with an encyclopaedic knowledge of classic motorcycles, an enthusiasm for taking them to bits and the organisational skills of a military planner to keep Classic Bike Guide as the best old bike magazine on the planet...
This is an exciting opportunity to be at the heart of the classic scene, to find and ride the best examples of the bikes that matter to Britain’s fastest growing biking sector.
The job will include:
• Having a clear and valid vision for both the magazine and digital products for now and the immediate future
• Being the creative powerhouse behind the magazine and teasing brilliant ideas from freelance writers
• Planning, commissioning and managing each issue
• Managing a team of freelance feature writers
• Briefing writers with a detailed summary of what’s needed, deadlines, word count and fees
• Editing features to the required standard – this may include sending work back to the writer with queries or a request for a rewrite
• Having a clear vision for magazine’s design
• Proofreading all pages before going to press
• Maintaining and raising the profile of the magazine
• Networking with others in the industry
• Attending and organising photoshoots and video footage.
The successful applicant will ideally have a strong track record in journalism, backed up with the proven ability to adhere to deadlines.
If this is you, please send a CV, a detailed description (in no more than 500 words) of who you think the typical Classic Bike Guide reader is and a list of contents for your first issue as editor to Staff Recruitment, Mortons Media Group, Morton Way, Horncastle, Lincolnshire LN9 6JR.
The closing date for applicants is October 1, 2012.
Where legends come to life
Got a story for us?
Let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
With roots that stretch back to 1903 and a motorcycling archive without equal, The Classic MotorCycle has more to offer the true vintage motorcycle enthusiast than any other publication.
The Classic MotorCycle is published monthly, and available throughout the world in major outlets or by subscription. It is also available via Zinio digital magazines for PC, Mac or iPad / Android tablets.
• Subscribe today - www.classicmagazines.co.uk