Thanks for the memories
By: Web Editor
Your leader (p4) on ‘one-liners’ reminded me of Cyril telling me that Bernal Osborne used to look over a test bike he was picking up with quips such as, “Ooh look, this must be a sparking plug!” with factory bods hanging on his every word!
I remember doing something similar at BSA many, many moons ago when the PR was David Lloyd and asking him, “Now help me out here, David, which lever is the brake and which one is the clutch?” His face was an absolute picture...
In the kindest of ways, Richard has made a happy man feel very old! Thanks both.
Jerry Clayton, via email
Responses to “Thanks for the memories”
Current Issue: Mar 2015
• Free 32-page supplement: 25 Memorable British Bikes
• Thunderbirds are go! Is this the best 650cc Triumph?
• Savage beauty: Wild New Imp • Old peculiar: OEC oddity
• 'Cammy' Square Four • T160 resurrection
• Arthur Bourne profile • Unrestored Monet Goyon
• Maltese collectors • New Imperial Unit Motor
• Next issue on sale: March 6, 2015