By: Web Editor
If you look in my book Excelsior and its Racing Rivals, page six, the top photograph is the same bike (and same registration) from the Carson family album with WHC driving. I think the registration must have been one of the works ones. It seems the factory kept registrations and used them as we would a trade plate.
Paul Ingham, via email
Responses to “Big Excelsior”
Current Issue: Mar 2015
• Free 32-page supplement: 25 Memorable British Bikes
• Thunderbirds are go! Is this the best 650cc Triumph?
• Savage beauty: Wild New Imp • Old peculiar: OEC oddity
• 'Cammy' Square Four • T160 resurrection
• Arthur Bourne profile • Unrestored Monet Goyon
• Maltese collectors • New Imperial Unit Motor
• Next issue on sale: March 6, 2015