Grand Prix Retro
By: Web Editor
I stumbled upon this event last year while staying close by on holiday with the family. Great fun, the grandchildren were fascinated. It was a weekend event for bikes, sidecars, three wheelers, light cars and sports cars, with a get together in the village sports stadium car park on the Saturday morning prior to a 50km road run, ‘practice’ on the circuit in the evening and then a ‘demonstration’ race on the Sunday. Lovely relaxed atmosphere, good French ‘fast’ food at a decent price. Visitors were encouraged to wander around the ‘paddock’. What really struck me was how welcoming and involved the villagers, gendarmes, restaurateurs were. The lady in the local tourist office was really enthusiastic about the event. A lesson for us perhaps?
Mike Follows, via email
Responses to “Grand Prix Retro”
Current Issue: Mar 2015
• Free 32-page supplement: 25 Memorable British Bikes
• Thunderbirds are go! Is this the best 650cc Triumph?
• Savage beauty: Wild New Imp • Old peculiar: OEC oddity
• 'Cammy' Square Four • T160 resurrection
• Arthur Bourne profile • Unrestored Monet Goyon
• Maltese collectors • New Imperial Unit Motor
• Next issue on sale: March 6, 2015