By: Web Editor
The picture at the bottom of p118 shows a Mr Morris of Kent collecting his new bike, but what surprised me is that the man he is shaking hands with was my father, Edward Wilson. Although he had nothing to do with Scotts, (apart from his mother’s maiden name coincidentally being Scott), it is not quite so unlikely that he should be there, as he was director of the Cycle and Motorcycle Association (CMCA), the trade association for the industry from 1967-74. I imagine it was publicity for a new manufacturer at a time when the industry was going through hard times, from which of course it ultimately never recovered.
Can you tell me any more about the photo, where, when, etc. and whether my guess at why is right? I would love to know more about it.
Oliver Wilson, via email
Responses to “That's dad!”
Current Issue: Mar 2015
• Free 32-page supplement: 25 Memorable British Bikes
• Thunderbirds are go! Is this the best 650cc Triumph?
• Savage beauty: Wild New Imp • Old peculiar: OEC oddity
• 'Cammy' Square Four • T160 resurrection
• Arthur Bourne profile • Unrestored Monet Goyon
• Maltese collectors • New Imperial Unit Motor
• Next issue on sale: March 6, 2015