By: Web Editor
When much younger and working in a kibbutz in Northern Israel, I bought an ex-WD M20 (it still had some green paint on the engine, very hard to remove!), it was fitted with a locally made sidecar made in Haiffa in 1963.
I had a lot of fun riding it and brought it back home to Switzerland.
Some years later, intending to restore it, I paid a visit to Russell Motors and when told of my story, they said that for a while they had two Israeli guys spotting many of them. Indeed BSA M20s seemed to be plentiful, and over there they were known as BSA 42.
The BSA has been sold and another motorcycle replaced it, but the pleasure it gave me is still present in my mind. Great magazine, keep it up this way, you’re on the right track.
Michel Meisner, Switzerland
Responses to “M20 memories”
Current Issue: Mar 2015
• Free 32-page supplement: 25 Memorable British Bikes
• Thunderbirds are go! Is this the best 650cc Triumph?
• Savage beauty: Wild New Imp • Old peculiar: OEC oddity
• 'Cammy' Square Four • T160 resurrection
• Arthur Bourne profile • Unrestored Monet Goyon
• Maltese collectors • New Imperial Unit Motor
• Next issue on sale: March 6, 2015