By: Web Editor
Although we never met, we had spoken on the telephone, after I had sent him a letter about one of the many books he had written, which I have copies of.
Just talking to him on the phone was like talking to a lifelong friend, such was his personality and avid enthusiasm for motorcycling. We discussed our mutual health problems, so I knew he was not well, however, this did not seem to affect his attitude to life. He was a very positive person who was easy to talk to.
My sympathy goes out to his family. He was one of motorcycling’s great personalities who will be sadly missed.
David Longford, Oxford
Responses to “Mick Walker”
Current Issue: Mar 2015
• Free 32-page supplement: 25 Memorable British Bikes
• Thunderbirds are go! Is this the best 650cc Triumph?
• Savage beauty: Wild New Imp • Old peculiar: OEC oddity
• 'Cammy' Square Four • T160 resurrection
• Arthur Bourne profile • Unrestored Monet Goyon
• Maltese collectors • New Imperial Unit Motor
• Next issue on sale: March 6, 2015