Long term New Hudson
By: Web Editor
In 1956 I purchased my 1915 New Hudson for the sum of £3. Therefore I can claim 57 years of ownership. In 1956/1957 I restored it to the standards of the day, and used it quite intensively, including a lap of the TT course, and three consecutive first class Banbury Run awards. The saddle and I believe the belt are the originals, and are still road legal.
I hope this little snippet is of interest. Incidentally I have one of those 3/6 Wipac plugs, but the centre electrode is not loose.
Thanks for an excellent magazine.
Mike Smetham, via email
Responses to “Long term New Hudson”
Current Issue: Mar 2015
• Free 32-page supplement: 25 Memorable British Bikes
• Thunderbirds are go! Is this the best 650cc Triumph?
• Savage beauty: Wild New Imp • Old peculiar: OEC oddity
• 'Cammy' Square Four • T160 resurrection
• Arthur Bourne profile • Unrestored Monet Goyon
• Maltese collectors • New Imperial Unit Motor
• Next issue on sale: March 6, 2015