By: Web Editor
In fact the 500 mile race was held at Castle Combe on July 24, 1965, because Thruxton Circuit was being re-surfaced, I believe.
David shared the Thruxton with Joe Dunphy. I attach a photograph of Joe at this meeting, taken by my friend Bill Riley. David and Joe won the 500cc class covering 230 laps in six hours 19 minutes and 45 seconds. The prize money for first place in that class was £12.
Mike Newbury, via email
Responses to “Year out”
Current Issue: Mar 2015
• Free 32-page supplement: 25 Memorable British Bikes
• Thunderbirds are go! Is this the best 650cc Triumph?
• Savage beauty: Wild New Imp • Old peculiar: OEC oddity
• 'Cammy' Square Four • T160 resurrection
• Arthur Bourne profile • Unrestored Monet Goyon
• Maltese collectors • New Imperial Unit Motor
• Next issue on sale: March 6, 2015