That's my Rudge
By: Web Editor
The winner that day was T G Byrne (no relation) and he was on a Rudge.
I own this motorcycle now, my father bought it in Dublin in the early 1960s. It has been verified by the registrar of the Rudge Owners’ Club as an ex-works bike and it has a pretty amazing racing history. It is still used hard to this day; this year alone I rode it from Dublin to the Rudge rally in Kidderminster, on to the Manx GP and it was used in the Prescott hillclimb.
It’s a real old cracker with lots of ‘patina,’ like old racers should have.
Ed Byrne, Dublin, via email
Responses to “That's my Rudge”
Current Issue: Mar 2015
• Free 32-page supplement: 25 Memorable British Bikes
• Thunderbirds are go! Is this the best 650cc Triumph?
• Savage beauty: Wild New Imp • Old peculiar: OEC oddity
• 'Cammy' Square Four • T160 resurrection
• Arthur Bourne profile • Unrestored Monet Goyon
• Maltese collectors • New Imperial Unit Motor
• Next issue on sale: March 6, 2015