A70 not A40
By: Web Editor
I’d like to point out that it in fact is an Austin A70 BS3 Hereford utility/pick-up, which finished production in 1954.
The give away is the front grille, and the Austin of England air intakes, just in front of the doors on the top bonnet section.
Being a Hereford owner with classic motorcycles, I have noticed your very good mag likes to have correct details, or at least correct them later. Incidentally, the price in 1954 for a A70 pick-up was £1100.
Geoff Newbury, via email
Responses to “A70 not A40”
Current Issue: Mar 2015
• Free 32-page supplement: 25 Memorable British Bikes
• Thunderbirds are go! Is this the best 650cc Triumph?
• Savage beauty: Wild New Imp • Old peculiar: OEC oddity
• 'Cammy' Square Four • T160 resurrection
• Arthur Bourne profile • Unrestored Monet Goyon
• Maltese collectors • New Imperial Unit Motor
• Next issue on sale: March 6, 2015