Fine and Dandy
By: Web Editor
Having been inspired by your regular ’Reader’s restoration’ in the centre pages I have taken the bull by the horns and embarked on my first classic British motorcycle project. Having scoured eBay for weeks looking for something that little bit different, I stumbled upon a BSA Dandy scooter. Okay, it’s not to everyone’s taste but it’s simple, quite rare and, I think, funky. It is a total basket case and needs a lot of tlc lavishing on it... but my philosophy is that everything is restorable with enough care and attention and I’m looking forward to getting stuck.
Being new to British classics, I was wondering if there is anywhere I can find the history of my moped? The registration KRN 942 suggests a Preston origin but I would love to know more about it. I will keep you posted on the progress of the build. Brilliant magazine, keep up the good work.
Ian Alton, Shropshire
Responses to “Fine and Dandy”
Current Issue: Mar 2015
• Free 32-page supplement: 25 Memorable British Bikes
• Thunderbirds are go! Is this the best 650cc Triumph?
• Savage beauty: Wild New Imp • Old peculiar: OEC oddity
• 'Cammy' Square Four • T160 resurrection
• Arthur Bourne profile • Unrestored Monet Goyon
• Maltese collectors • New Imperial Unit Motor
• Next issue on sale: March 6, 2015