1954 Ariel Square Four
Last of the line was the MKII, or ‘four piper’ as it was otherwise known. Offically designated the 4G Mark II, it was launced for the 1953 season. An SU carburettor was fitted from 1954, a headlamp cowl in 1956 and cast-aluminium full-width hubs the same year. The end came in August 1959.
Buy this and other period images from Mortons Archive