After the end of the Second World War, all the major manufacturers were rushing to get a parallel twin to the market, and Ariel was no different...
At Arpajon, in August 1930, the Motorcycle Club de France organised its annual record attempts meeting, arranging for over four miles of the main Paris-Orleans road to be closed, so speed men from around the globe could congregate and attempt to establish new world’s bests...
Classic Camera: high-speed action as Californian George Everett, in western ‘hold-up’ garb, steals the lead from Indiana’s Roger Howk; both ride BSA twins in the 80 cu in (1300cc) National Championship race at Peoria, Illinois...
• Norton Dominator Super Profile
• BSA V-twin
• Beardmore Precision
• Straight from the plate – Thruxton, 1951
• Reader’s restoration – Rudge Multi
• Touring in France
• Closer Look – BSA’s sidecar stars
• Men who mattered – Georg Meier
• Marque of distinction – Sunbeams
• Restoration Guide – Gilera lightweights
• Technical feature – Ignition
► Subscribe to The Classic Motorcycle
Where legends come to life
With roots that stretch back to 1903 and a motorcycling archive without equal, The Classic MotorCycle has more to offer the true vintage motorcycle enthusiast than any other publication.
The Classic MotorCycle is published monthly, and available throughout the world in major outlets or by subscription. It is also available via Zinio digital magazines for PC, Mac or iPad / Android tablets.
• Subscribe today - www.classicmagazines.co.uk