Velocette's LE had a long production life, which indicated success, but it also absorbed a colossal post-war investment from the company, which in hindsight arguably did irreparable damage to the manufacturer...
After the Second World war, Douglas pinned much of its hopes on its flat twin, horizontally opposed 350cc model, which while it was a fine motorcycle and had its staunch advocates, was rather too unorthodox and quixotic to save the company...
• For various budgets (vintage machines)
• Archive photograph
• Which model? (OHV Brough Superiors)
• Sunbeam S7 super profile
• Norton Manx at Daytona – history and test
• Reader’s restoration – BSA A65 Spitfire
• Straight from the plate – Donington Park, 1933
• ISDT Royal Enfield and sidecar
• Greeves Ranger
• John Tickle profile
• Restoration Guide – Matchless G9/AJS Model 20
Where legends come to life...
With roots that stretch back to 1903 and a motorcycling archive without equal, The Classic MotorCycle has more to offer the true vintage motorcycle enthusiast than any other publication.
The Classic MotorCycle is published monthly, and available throughout the world in major outlets or by subscription. It is also available via Zinio digital magazines for PC, Mac or iPad / Android tablets.
• Subscribe today - www.classicmagazines.co.uk